Here at Squam Lake Inn, we believe that life deserves adventures, times when nothing else matters but experiencing everything that day has to offer you. And there’s simply so much to do around the area that we have put together this handy 3-day itinerary, perfect for your fall getaway in New Hampshire, so you can spend less time planning and more time exploring!
Day 1: Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Begin your first day with our delicious and hearty breakfast offered with your stay. Try our delectable Apple Cider French Toast Bake or savory Eggs Benedict and start your day off right.
- Squam Lake Marketplace is your go-to destination for delicious snacks, sandwiches, and fresh-baked goodies — perfect for a picnic lunch!
- Head on over to the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center and explore all it has to offer, including self-guided hiking trails, animal exhibits, a beautiful garden, and boat tours.
- For a beautiful view of the surrounding area with an excellent hike up to the peak, Rattlesnake Mountain is only a 12-minute drive away from the Inn.
- Finish up by heading out onto Squam Lake! Rent a canoe or kayak and watch the sun set on your first successful day!
Day 2: Visit Meredith!
- Wake up with a hearty breakfast at the Inn before heading to the quaint town of Meredith for a wonderful day of food and wine.
- Next up, make your way to Moulton Farms. Try one of their signature pastries like the Cider Belly Donut, explore the garden center, browse their selection of high-quality fish and seafood, or get lost in their seasonal corn maze. It’s fun for everyone of all ages!
- Head on over to Main Street and taste some unique local wines at Hermit Woods Winery, rated by Food and Wine Magazine as one of “The 500 Best Wineries in America.” It’s a beautiful location with scenic outdoor seating and delicious wines.
- Stick around on Main Street and explore the wide variety of unique shops and restaurants, and discover area attractions like the Mill Falls Marketplace!
Day 3: Culinary Delights
- Other amazing breakfast options for you to try include the unique Orange Cream French Toast with Breakfast Sausage! There’s always the opportunity to try something new with options rotating daily.
- On your way out of town, stop and take a photo at the historic Durgin Covered Bridge, a local landmark for 150 years!
- Work up an appetite and appreciate the fine arts at the Center Sandwich Fine Craft Gallery, hosted by the venerable League of N.H. Craftsmen. A beautiful art gallery, visitors can appreciate the artistry on display while also participating in it with Craft Classes and Workshops available on a variety of different arts like glass making and jewelry.
- Enjoy a locally inspired New England lunch menu at the Lyceum. Open Wednesday through Sunday, this delightfully rustic eatery in Tamworth is host to a variety of light, healthy, and delicious meals for every manner of discerning palate.
- For dessert, definitely visit the unique experience offered by Sandwich Creamery. Held in an old refurbished barn, they offer self-service pints and delicious flavors of all kinds, the perfect way to cool off on a warm autumn day!
- End your day with a glass of high-quality spirits at Tamworth Distilling. Serving up premium alcohol and cocktails, a tasting here is an experience not to be missed!
There’s so much to do during your stay at Squam Lake Inn; the places and experiences covered in this itinerary only scratch the surface of everything there is to do in the surrounding area. Use this itinerary as your guide and don’t hesitate to ask us for additional recommendations — the options are endless! Find your favorite room, pack your best fall attire, and we’ll see you on the lake!Book Now