One of the best parts about vacationing in the New Hampshire Lakes Region is being able to enjoy the gorgeous natural scenery and local activities. While there are so many wonderful things to do in New Hampshire, we thought it would be helpful to highlight our top recommendations so you can plan the perfect vacation without getting lost in the details. Keep reading to learn more about our Squam Lake Inn and all the wonderful attractions in the area.
Unwind & Indulge
What would a vacation getaway be without comfortable and relaxing lodging and good eats? Here at Squam Lake Bed and Breakfast, guests can choose from ten beautiful rooms. All featuring modern amenities like new decor, luxurious linens, a gourmet breakfast, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and more. Can’t decide? Give us a call and we will walk you through all of the options. On top of our comfortable lodging, guests can also indulge with some mouthwatering food from our on-site restaurant the Inn Kitchen + Bar. With a casual feel and fresh local cuisine, guests will enjoy a dining experience unlike any other.
New England Outdoors
- Zipline – For all the thrill-seekers looking for their next big adventure, we recommend taking advantage of our canopy zipline tour package. Enjoy the tour with an official trail guide, a picnic lunch, a $50 dining credit, and 15% off of Squam Marketplace. This exciting activity gives visitors the opportunity to see the New England area from a whole different vantage point, all while making life long memories.
- Hiking – If you’re looking for stunning views and fresh air, you will want to add the Squam Range Traverse to your itinerary. This White Mountain National Forest trail is 13-miles of pure bliss. Perfect for all ages, hikers can experience seven summits, including Cotton Mountain, Mount Livermore, Mount Webster, Mount Morgan, Mount Percival, Mount Squam, and Doublehead Mountain. This trail is by far one of the most popular hiking spots in the New England area so we recommend starting the day with a nutritious breakfast and heading to the trail in the morning. If you’re an avid hiker, make sure to check out these other beautiful trails for your outdoor adventure.
- New England White Water Rafting – Located 35-minutes from our bed and breakfast, guest can enjoy Class IV whitewater rafting on the Winnipesaukee River. A few Squam Lake Inn Crew members did this trip and all agree, it was the best day of the summer!
- Fishing & Kayaking – Nothing says vacation like a relaxing time on the lake. Grab your poles, chairs, a picnic basket, and head to the water for a calm day of fishing. This is a great activity for anyone wanting to embrace the beauty of nature and destress from everyday life. If you want to explore all the nooks and crannies of Squam Lake or Lake Winnipesaukee, then renting some kayaks or even a canoe and rowing your way around the waters is an excellent choice.
- Fall Foliage – Of all the activities we’ve mentioned, a guest favorite is always viewing the breathtaking autumn foliage. From September through November, you can add this to your list of must-dos during your New Hampshire getaway. Whether you want to hike Squam Lake Traverse, drive around the area, head to town, or get out on the lake, you will be in awe of the seasonal colors.
- Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion Events – Host to hundreds of bands each year, Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion sets the stage for anyone wanting to enjoy a musical experience during their getaway. Located on the beautiful shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, visitors will revel in the scenery while taking advantage of the awesome music scene.
- Annual Squam Ridge Race – Every year, our town is home to racers and hikers alike looking to challenge themselves for the Squam Ridge Race. This 12.2-mile race traverses a majority of the Squam Range, crossing three summits with amazing views of the lake and surrounding watersheds. If you’re registered for the race or just looking to attend, make sure to book early as we tend to fill up fast for this spectacular event.
Whatever activities you choose for your Squam Lake vacation, you will have a blast during the day and have comfortable lodging to come back to at the end of it. From sun up to sundown, we hope you get to enjoy all the wonderful things to do in New Hampshire!Book Now